Aylmerton, St John the Baptist
On the high ground to the north of the village and south of A148 Cromer to Holt Road. The tower is circular to its full height.
Probably late C13 addition to an earlier church with narrower nave (remains in west wall). Y tracery in belfry. Faced with cobbly flint rubble. Top part rebuilt in 1912. External door in tower south wall uses Barnack stone, possibly an earlier entrance to the tower. Nave rebuilt in late C14. Chancel earlier, east window c 1362. Ruined north chapel. Aylmerton by Stephen Hart
Jack Sterry features Aylmerton in his 2003 book Round Tower Churches, Hidden Treasures of North Norfolk.